5 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

10 Day Spending Challenge

To contact us Click HERE
Money does not equal a life well lived. Money can give you more access to "highs" such as easier access to travel, things, peace of mind (possibly), etc. Money cannot buy you happiness though. Having money does not equate automatic happiness.  Research has shown that money does not make people happy but we as a society equate the two because we are told it does, when in fact we adjust quickly to change. If we purchase a new item that makes us happy, that feeling wears off and if we have access to money we could purchase another item to re-create the same high.

In a research study many people were asked prior to, or after, working out: You will be in the woods for 2 days which would you prefer to have: food or water? Those who were asked prior to working out said food and those who werw saked after said water. It is proven that our brain works in such a way that it takes what we are thinking at this moment and equate to the future.

When thinking about life in these terms, can we re-train our brain? If I want item A today and I place a 30-day hold on the purchase, in 30 days will I still feel that I "need" item A or will I have adjusted to not having said item? I believe that the latter is true. In that scenario then, I have chosen to make a vow to place 30-day holds on items that do not meet my food or shelter needs for the next 10 days.  I will be reporting my progress.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder